Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Whole Wheat Pancake Recipe

I have been trying to incorporate whole wheat into everything we eat instead of using regular white wheat.  I grind my own whole wheat each week.
 
 I buy the white wheat so the color is much lighter than the red wheat or other varieties (my kids haven't noticed the changes at all).  I have been trying different whole wheat pancake recipes each week and every one has been ok but not quite what we prefer.  So, after much tweeking, here's my recipe.
 Combine in a medium bowl:
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp Sugar
Mix together well.

Now add to your bowl:
1 1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 1/2 cup of regular milk
2 table spoons of melted butter (if you use unsalted butter, then add 1/4 tsp. of salt to dry ingredients above before adding wet ingredients)
2 well beaten eggs.

Stir together until it's all combined.  They will be more fluffy if you don't over beat them.  It shouldn't be completely smooth.  Then cook on your skillet with a little butter or oil to grease the pan.
 They are so yummy.  You won't be dissapointed.

I also mix it up and add fresh berries or chocolate or cinnamon chips.  Have fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!