Thursday, May 27, 2010

Birthday Crafts

I've been so busy crafting and sewing that I've had little time to blog. So here's a few cute things I did for Jayne's Birthday this past week.

Cookie Cups
It may look hard, but it's ooh so easy! Take oatmeal cookie dough (I used choc chip cookie dough that uses oats and just left out the choc chips), and put in your greased muffin tins (about 1 T per cup). Flatten the dough out so it lines the muffin wholes. Bake in the oven about 15-20 min. They should be golden brown. Use a spoon when they come out of the oven to push down the sides and middle. Let it cool completely, then fill with pudding (I used vanilla) and top with fruit. The kids loved them. We had these on Jayne's actually bday since I didn't want to make more cakes when it was just the 4 of us celebrating on her actual day.

Birthday Skirt
Of course Jayne needed a new outfit to wear to preschool on her actual Bday. I've been wanting to make the Turkey Skirt off the MADE website. It didn't disappoint. I would have liked another 6 rows of ruffles but I got tired. I'm going to do a brown one for fall and will know how much time it will take. But I still thought this turned out cute.

Party Favor
Who doesn't need a cute new pair of sandals for summer? Tie on some small strips of various colored fabric, trim them up a little, and voila... a fun pair of sandals. Too bad I had to make 20 pairs! But the girls loved them, so it was worth it.

Birthday Cake and Faux Ice Cream Cones
My mom gets all the credit for the cake and "ice cream" cones. I delegated :-) Thanks mom! The princess cake was fun. She used all sorts of ingredients. But the faux ice cream cones where awesome! In the bottom of the cone is candy (she used skittles), then there is a cupcakes inserted upside down, put a little frosting on that then put a mini cupcake on top of that. Frost the whole thing, add sprinkles and a candy on top! Looks like an ice cream cone but it's really cake and frosting. This was awesome for the kids! I didn't need plates and forks and they all gobbled it up! Thanks for all your help mom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!