Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Man Bread

I really wanted this special Dutch Oven pot for Christmas so I could make this beautiful bread! The husband did not disappoint. Today I tried a recipe called Man Bread and got to use my new pot for the first time. You let the dough rise for 8 hours (never knead it), and then bake it in the oven in this special pot. It turned out perfect! I can't wait to make it again. It was so easy and my daughter said, "This is totally awesome!"

Next up, Sour Dough Bread!

2 comments:

  1. So is the dutch oven pot only used to make breads? I want to see a picture of the pot! The bread looks awesome and I bet it tastes awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. You can use it to make stews and soups and all sorts of things. but for this kind of bread you have to cook with the lid on in the oven at 475 which is really hot so most pans won't take that. It has to be this dutch oven kind. they have really expensive ones but I just got the one from costco and it worked perfect. This was so easy. If you get the pot I'll give you the recipe. so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!