Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mini Pies for Thanksgiving

I had to bring a treat for my son's Thanksgiving Feast at preschool.  In trying to stick with the "thanksgiving dinner" theme but also make it something the kids would actually want to eat,  I made mini pies.  This looked difficult but it was so very easy. 

I took pre-made crust and cut it with a circle (I used a kid bowl), pushed them into regular sized muffin tins and baked at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.  Once they were totally cool, I put in a big scoop of chocolate pudding, and topped with whipped cream and some chocolate shavings.  The kids loved their mini "pies".  I really want to get a scalloped edge cutter for the next time I make these.  Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, love all the recipes!

    new follower :)

    check out my blog at www.nateandmaryclaire.blogspot.com & let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!