Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mothers Day Subway Art

What do you think?
I finally tried my hand at subway art! And it was really fun! Here's the picture from pottery barn I was trying to copy.
I did this for my mom for Mother's Day. Since she has only lived on a few streets in her whole life, I decided to use the addresses and street names from all of the houses she has help design and build over the years. Yes, she builds houses with my dad. How fun, huh. I love how it turned out. I decided to use canvas instead of a frame and cardboard. I also used contact paper to put the words on, then painted it and peeled off the contact paper to reveal the letters in white. I love that it looks like a real painting and nothing's going to peel off. I can't wait to try my next one. I've got some ideas for it.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!