Friday, April 29, 2011

Learning to Embroider

I finally finished my first embroidery! I had to learn 3 stitches to complete this sampler. I think I'm going to turn it into a pillow, but for now I have it framed in our family room. I love looking at it! I have to admit I'm sucker for the adorable Bare Roots patterns at the quilt shop with all the adorable stitching! I've bought quite a few to make!

If you want to learn embroidery and don't know where to start, there's a great website to help- needleandthread.com! It totally helped me out to complete mine. Here's a link to short video's teaching you all the stitches! Happy stitching!
Not bad for my first project! I'm excited to have something to keep in my purse for a project on the go!

2 comments:

  1. I Love it! I had no idea you were working on that by hand. Not that I need another project to work on, but that is an awesome technique to know. Guess I will have to do one just so I can learn :) You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first project turned out super cute! I've also awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award...stop by my blog when you get a chance!

    http://www.sweetpeasandbb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!