Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Red, White, Turquoise/Blue Party

My sister and I hosted a bridal shower luncheon for our cousin this past month.  We had so much fun putting it together!  We went with a red and white and turquoise party.  I used red and white chevron for the background print for the invitations and also for the table runners.  There were so many small details.  Here's a quick summary of a very fun party:
We were having 16 people to lunch so we extended the table to seat everyone together.  We had clear glasses and red gobblets.  We had adorable pennants that tied all of our colors together, along with turqoise, and red and white polka dot tissue poms.  We did 3 smaller flower arrangements down the table.  We used red roses and babys breath. 
 *One of my favorite features of the party were the individual cupcake stands.  At each place setting, everyone had their own cupcake on a stand.  They were red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!
*We also served strawberry daiquiri's and had adorable turquoise and white striped paper straws.
*For the food table, we used small wooden chalkboard signs to label each food item.
*We had a separate water station that highlighted the beautiful glass etched pitcher I made with my silhouette!
*For the party favor, we made lavender and orange body scrub.  We packaged them in mason jar's and covered the lid with blue fabric and tied with red ribbon.
*I decided to make some adorable "streamers" out of napkins.  You use a ruffle stitch and sew the napkins longways together.  They turned out really cute and festive, especially with decorative napkins.
*I also decided to make a burlap banner that said Congrats!  I used the same instructions for making the happy birthday sign in this post.  I think the sign really finished off the food table area.
*We also had several small glasses and mason jars filled with babies breath around the tables.

It was such a fun party and so pretty!  We love hand-made!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!