Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hello Summer!- Towel Backpack

The summer version of a backpack?- One that turns into your beach/pool towel!

I saw this adorable bag on one of my friends blogs. You know how it goes, you hop from blog to blog. I found this awesome tutorial on "The Train to Crazy" blog and had to run out and make them. I rarely get to make anything for my son, so he was super excited. He's been wearing his "backpack" around non-stop. You can find this tutorial HERE
(and yes, it includes a hood, which my kids just love!)

I LOVE this because by having each kid carry their own towel, leaving me with only my towel which I can throw in my chair, that saves me 1 whole extra bag of towels I would normally be carrying! That's HUGE! Someday when my kids are big and they can all carry their own stuff, it won't be as dramatic, but for now, when I look like a pack mule as we make our way down to the sand, this is huge. I highly recommend this tutorial and project! Super easy, quick, and fun.
**Couple Changes: After making 1 exactly like the tutorial I ended up making a few changes to the next 2. I made the pocket/backpack part 1 inch larger on each side. Also, the straps where the perfect length for my 2 year old, but I had to make them longer for my 5 year old. 30 inches wasn't enough for her. Extended it about 37 inches long. I also added some embroidery and patches, which I thought made them extra cute!
This is just a perfect gift idea too! Already made one for a party last week, and doing another for a party this week!

4 comments:

  1. They look great! Love the improvements! I should mention the strap length in my tutorial. I know they fit my 5 year old but she's the same size as my 3 year old =)

    Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just realized my comment says my name is Arthur! Ha! That's my husband.

    Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea! Glad you figured out the Arthur thing. :-) I love your blog! Thanks for checking out my attempt at these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it Baby Back Pack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing from you!